Picture this: summer is here. You make a running plan that seems achievable, you get everything on your calendar, and you’re hyped for how awesome it’s going to be to run three times a week all summer long. For the first week, you’re killing it. You feel like a runner, and you’re loving it.
However, as time goes on, it starts to feel a little boring. You stay up late one night and you don’t make it out for your run the next morning. Then, you missed one, so you can miss another, right? Your inner mean girl is all in your ear telling you how lazy and undisciplined you are and, before you know it, summer is over and you didn’t run nearly as much as you’d hoped. Does this sound familiar?
Summer is almost here. This is the time of year a lot of folks decide to start running or step up their training with a race in mind. So, tune in this week because I’m giving you three mindset hacks to help you stay motivated because even though now is a great time to start running, staying motivated isn’t always easy.
If you loved today’s episode and want to take these concepts a step further, you’re going to love the class I’m teaching on May 22nd. It’s a three-hour live workshop called How to Become a Consistent Exerciser and we’re diving deep into motivation, excuses, and even creating a personalized exercise plan just for you. And the best news? It’s only $39 to join and we will provide a recording that same day if you can’t make it live. Click here to sign up!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- 3 simple thought shifts that are going to transform not only your running, but your whole life.
- How I see so many people trying to force themselves to run when they don’t want to.
- Why forcing yourself to do something you don’t want to do feels awful and is never a long-term solution.
- How we misunderstand consistency as doing something perfectly 100% of the time, and what consistency really means.
- Why wishing or hoping for something is not motivating enough to sustain you, and how to start creating real motivation right now in this moment.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!