Something I talk about extensively on this podcast and all over social media is how you can be a runner at any size. It’s a topic I share lots of content on that often includes photos and videos of me running, and of course, it always brings the trolls out of the woodwork.
The trolls love chiming in about how running while fat will destroy your knees, or why fat people need to lose weight before starting to run. I’ve even had plenty of folks tell me that I’m glorying obesity. These comments got me thinking about whether there is any truth to someone being too fat to run, and I’m exploring that question today.
Tune in this week as I bust the myths surrounding the notion that some people are too fat to run. You’ll hear how these comments are based on misinformation, confusion, and fatphobia, why there’s truly no such thing as being too fat to run, and how to advocate for yourself and your choice to move your body.
On Sunday, March 19th 2023 at noon Eastern, I’m teaching a free workshop on the most common mistakes fat runners make and how to fix them! I’ll be sharing the top three things we usually get wrong and that keep you from getting the results you want. It’s totally free, so click here to register!
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why we need to examine the phrase “too fat.”
- How there’s truly no such thing as being too fat to run.
- The truth about the impact on your joints as a fat runner.
- Why fat people have an advantage as runners.
- What to do if running or walking feels uncomfortable right now.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!