If you have ever felt frustration because you’re not making progress, this episode is for you. When we start running, or anything new, we want to see evidence that it’s working, and we’re making progress. And if we’re not getting better, we feel annoyed, defeated, we say, “I’m not getting anywhere with this,” and we want to quit.
However, have you ever stopped to consider what it really means to make progress? And why are we so convinced that we should always be getting better? Personally, I think the attachment to making progress is not super helpful. And while it’s fun to set goals, attaching our enjoyment of running to certain outcomes, we miss all the best parts. So, what’s the solution?
Tune in this week to discover what to do if you currently believe you’re not making progress. I’m sharing how to reframe the whole idea of working towards a defined goal, so you can start to see the progress that you are making on your running journey.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Applications close on January 17th, so click here to register now!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why you’re always making progress, even when you can’t see it.
- The amazing parts of running that you miss out on when you’re only focused on a certain outcome.
- Why I believe focusing too much on your progress is not helping with your running.
- The invisible progress we make as runners that doesn’t show in the moment.
- Why constantly comparing your progress with other people is never helpful.
- What you might be believing that has you overly concerned with your results and progress.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
4 questions to ask yourself if you currently believe you’re not making progress:
- Why does making progress matter to you?
- When is it worth doing something even if you don’t get better?
- What do you make it mean about yourself if you’re not seeing evidence of progress?
- What are other ways to assess your progress?
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!