One thought I hear all the time in my community is one you’ve likely believed yourself: “I’m not a real runner.” You look at other runners and doubt your validity as a runner because you don’t think you’re good enough, and this week, I’m inviting you to let that shit go.
Doubt is a human emotion that can serve us well. There are situations where proceeding with caution keeps us safe and prevents us from making big mistakes, but there’s also a variety of doubt that has us questioning our abilities and holds us back, and I want you to stop wasting your time entertaining that bullshit.
Tune in this week as I explore the difference between healthy doubt and doubt that keeps you stuck from going after what you want. I’m showing you a new way to respond to doubt that isn’t serving you, and a question I like to ask myself whenever I’m feeling uncertain.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How doubt actually serves us and is an evolutionary advantage.
- The difference between healthy doubt and doubt that holds you back.
- What makes failure feel so terrible.
- A new way to respond to your doubt.
- One question I ask myself whenever I feel like I’m lacking conviction.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!