Have you ever felt hopeless about your running? Does it feel like nothing is going your way? Do you wonder why you even bother when running feels this challenging?
Mark Twain once said, “Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as you please.” In other words, you can make your runs mean whatever you want, but make sure you have the facts right. Our brains love creating unnecessary drama for us, especially when it comes to running, but do this one thing I’m teaching you today and I promise, everything will feel a lot easier.
Join me this week to hear how our brains distort facts into unfair stories in our minds, and why it’s vital for you to look at all the facts of your runs. I’m showing you why we are all about the numbers and data in Run Your Best Life, and how to start seeing the truth of your runs, instead of letting your brain run amok with drama.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The coaching structure I use to coach my clients in Run Your Best Life.
- A story about coaching one of my clients who recently completed a marathon.
- How our brains are total jerks and make up unfair stories.
- What is required to avoid the mental drama your brain drums up.
- Why I recommend tracking every single run you do.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Mark Twain
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!