I’m loving seeing my Rebel Runner Roadmap students crushing their training this month, and it makes me so happy to see women who didn’t think they could ever be athletic start running and embracing this new identity. So this week, I’ve compiled a list of belief systems that everyone who identifies as a runner thinks so that you can start practicing these and see the shift in how you show up to your runs.
Too many people believe they need to meet certain speed or distance qualifications, or not take walk breaks to be considered a runner. My goal this week is to show you that creating your own runner identity is totally possible if you’re willing to believe it, and I’m sharing eight thought patterns you can start trying on to become the runner you’ve always wanted to be.
Join me this week to discover how your identity can change if you want it to, and how this work can be applied to any goal you have for yourself. The possibilities are endless, and if becoming a runner is your goal this year, practicing these beliefs are going to get you started off on the right track.
The doors to The Rebel Runner Roadmap are open for enrollment! It’s a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- My definition of what ‘identity’ means and why it’s important to understand how it works.
- Why your identity is always a choice.
- The difference between runners and non-runners.
- 8 thought patterns that people who identify as runners think.
- Why you don’t need certain qualifications to identify as a runner.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!