I am super excited to be bringing you an episode with the one and only, Mirna Valerio a.k.a., The Mirnavator! If you’ve been living under a rock and have no idea who she is, don’t fret, because you’re going to literally learn everything about her in this week’s episode.
Mirna is a true revolutionary in the fitness industry, having overcome a health scare nearly 10 years ago, to now having completed countless marathons and ultramarathons, with more lined up this year already.
Tune in for an insight into what it takes to be an athletic phenomenon in the face of adversity. Let Mirna’s stories inspire you to approach your running journey with patience and kindness while remaining a total badass.
I’ve got a very special event coming up next month, on the 6th of April in New York City! It’s the very first Not Your Average Runner Meet-Up! Go to notyouraveragerunner.com/meetup for all the details. See you there!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How working with a coach improved Mirna’s training.
- Why you need to ignore the chatter in your head to get further with your runs.
- How Mirna tackles her inner mean girl.
- Why patience and kindness is key to building up to bigger runs.
- The key to making running a habit that gets easier.
- Why it’s normal to experience an emotional release during or after running.
- How Mirna tackled her home life, work life, and training all at the same time.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Not Your Average Runner Meet-Up
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Check out Mirna: Blog | Instagram | Twitter | FATGIRLRUNNING Facebook Group | Fatgirlrunning Facebook Group
- A Beautiful Work In Progress by Mirna Valerio
- Steamtown Marathon
- Boston Marathon
- Marine Corps Marathon
- North Face Endurance Challenge
- Asheville Half Marathon
- Azores Trail Run
- TransRockies six-day stage race
- Javelina Jundred
- Tahoe 200
- Jessamyn Stanley
- Relentless Forward Progress by Bryon Powell
- Tikki Tikki Tembo by Arlene Mosel
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!