Warning: There is a discussion of disordered eating and exercise behaviors throughout this episode.
As promised, I’m bringing back Christine Chessman this week for part two of our conversation from a few weeks ago. Christine is an online strength and movement coach who helps women over 40 move more freely, feel strong, and take up space, and she’s also the host of the Find Your Strong podcast.
Despite what we commonly see in advertising and social media, women of all sizes can get sucked into disordered eating and compulsive or obsessive exercising. From a young age, Christine struggled with disordered eating, which transitioned into compulsive or obsessive exercising, and she’s here to share how she broke free from and healed those behaviors.
Join us on this episode as Christine offers her experience of disordered eating and exercise behaviors, and what helped her approach her body with more love and kindness. She’s sharing her take on what women taking up space means, why it’s vital for us to do so, and her top tips for making strength training and running more accessible to you.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Christine came to be a strength and movement coach.
- What women taking up space means to Christine.
- Why intuitive eating has transformed Christine’s experience of eating.
- Christine’s history of disordered eating and exercise behaviors.
- How eating disorders don’t have a specific size or look.
- Indicators of compulsive or obsessive exercising.
- Christine’s tips for making strength training more flexible and accessible.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Christine Chessman: Website | Instagram | Podcast
- Ep #296: Strength, Diet Culture, and Finding Your Strong with Christine Chessman
- Evelyn Tribole
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!