Rebels, on the podcast today I’m talking about the first mile of your run and how it feels like ass almost every single time. I don’t think I’ve met a single runner who just walks out the door, starts running, and feels like they’re floating on air the whole way, and that’s okay. I’m sharing why this is totally normal, and actually, why your first mile (or two) should be hard!
Although the feeling of discomfort on your runs might seem like it’s never going to end, there are ways to handle it. It’s completely physiologically to be expected, and some thought work (read: shutting down your inner mean girl) can help make things a little bit easier.
I’m also highlighting the topic of the runner’s high and why some of you might not be experiencing that endorphin boost on your runs. Running can feel like a grind sometimes, but I’ve got some tips on how you can get into the groove every time.
Tune in this week to hear me talk about that shitty first mile and how to handle the negative self-talk that comes up. How you deal with it is really important because there’s really no need for any of your runs to suck!If the first mile of your run is hard, it makes you just like every other runner. It makes you a real runner, it makes you an athlete. Click To Tweet
If you’re ready to get the fuck out of your own way, shut down your inner mean girl, and start running the way you want to, make sure to check out Run Your Best Life. We use all the tools discussed on the podcast in great detail to help you on your runs and you’ll uplevel your life at the same time!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why the first mile of your run feels hard.
- One hack I use to trick my brain during my runs.
- Why warming up is essential for your runs.
- How the endorphin lag time affects your run.
- Why you might not have experienced the runner’s high.
- Why you should try running with your inner mean girl.
- Falling off the wagon and getting back on – an inspirational story from a listener.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Corinne Crabtree’s Phit-n-Phat program
- My gear guide
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!