Why are you telling yourself you can’t be a runner? Is it because you think you’re “too old” or because you have too many health or injury-related issues? Maybe you’ve tried all the things to become a runner and none of it was ever sustainable enough to stick with, so you’ve given up all hope.
Well, my guest this week ticks all those boxes. Julie Anna Johnson is a life coach and athlete with fibromyalgia who was walker-bound 10 years ago. Her chronic pain is reason enough to sit back and believe she won’t ever be a runner or be able to pursue audacious goals. But at 60, she achieved her dream of running her first half marathon last year and I’m so excited to bring you her story this week.
Join us as Julie Anna tells us how she went from being walker-bound 10 years ago to running her first half marathon. She’s letting us in on what has helped her navigate the mind drama we all experience, how she advocated for herself, even when doctors were advising her to stop running, and some of the belief shifts she’s experienced about what it means to be a runner.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have got to check out Up and Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Click here to join and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Julie Anna has found freedom in movement.
- The tools she’s learned to help her navigate the mind drama that comes up.
- Why it’s our responsibility to advocate for what we want and need.
- How Julie Anna manages the mental and physical experience of her chronic pain.
- What made her decide to pursue life coach training.
- The belief shifts Julie Anna has had about running.
- Julie Anna’s best advice for new runners.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Julie Anna Johnson: Schedule a Call | Instagram | Facebook
- Corinne Crabtree
- Mo’ Bell
- The Life Coach School
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!