In light of the recent bullshit decision to overturn Roe v Wade, I think we could all really use a little empowerment in our lives. This week’s episode has been pulled out of the archives because it’s still one of the most important episodes of this podcast to date. So listen in, take notes, and share it because it might just save a life.
Carrie Mugridge and Jimmy Golden are on a mission to educate as many women as possible on self-defense. On July 12th 2018, Carrie was attacked by a man while out on a run who attempted to abduct and take advantage of her. Terrified and furious, she reached out to Jimmy, the owner of Prime ATA and fifth-degree black belt, who instantly agreed to host and teach as many classes as it took to make the women of their town feel safer.
Listen in to learn simple self-defense tips and tricks that will be a total life-saver. Whether, like Carrie, you’ve personally experienced a harrowing attack and are struggling to get back out there, or you want to be ahead of the game and feel safe at all costs, this episode is your ultimate guide.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have got to check out Up and Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Click here to join and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Carrie’s story of being attacked while out on a run.
- One tip Jimmy offered Carrie that helped her feel confident enough to go out running again.
- The 4 most common ways you might get attacked.
- Jimmy’s top suggestions for what to do if you get attacked, and his thoughts on weapons.
- Where to strike your attacker, and where not to strike.
- The one thing you do not want to let happen if you’re being attacked.
- Jimmy’s advice for running while it’s dark out.
- What to do if someone grabs you by the ponytail.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Prime ATA: Website | Instagram | Facebook
- The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker
- Self-Defense YouTube video
- Bulldog Self-Defense Keychain
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!